Knit 2 Par 3

Monday, June 29, 2009

Get Out and Stay Out

Three days of sunshine in a row! Well, okay, there were two massive thunderstorms, and Emily and narrowly escaped a flash flood on River Road, and it was really muddy everywhere I went still, but yes we were able to sample the Seven Deadly Sins this weekend: golf, knitting, drinking beer outside, talking about Richard Nixon, buying plants, ripping out knitting and ignoring laundry.

Brendan and I played golf on Saturday at a place I kept thinking was called Twin Peaks. It wasn't my best game, but it was pretty thrilling to be out playing golf at all. I had one spectacular shot out of knee high poison ivy on to the fairway, and one heart stoppingly perfect putt on the last hole. Really, all you need in golf is one good shot and if you play like me, that's pretty much all you get.

We also did our Sunday Knitting Night at a Newark Bears Game, which was combined with the outdoor beer drinking. Lynn was there, knitting a throw rug on size 50 needles - the perfect carry along project! Christy was making that ball band tea cosy, which was much cuter in person than in the magazine. I'd knit it. I found myself hitting the wall with my fifth sock from the Wendy D Socks from the Toe Up book. Don't get me wrong: the toe up technique has changed my life, and the Magic Loop is still magical. The particular lace pattern I was working on wasn't as euphonious as some of the others. It just wasn't singing to me, so rip rip rip it went.

Now where does Richard Nixon fit in?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jeanne said...

Sounds like a great weekend - I also played golf and had one or two great shots. Sorry that the sock wasn't cooperating - hoping you found something better to make!

6/29/2009 08:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home