Knit 2 Par 3

Thursday, July 02, 2009

What About NIxon?

We passed the Bendix Diner on our way up to play golf on Saturday, and I mentioned to Brendan that Richard Nixon was a big, big fan of the pork roll and egg sandwiches at the Bendix Diner, where he would go after he played golf.

Truth be told, not being a New Jersey native I think it was unlikely that Nixon liked the pork roll sandwiches, but he did live in New Jersey and he did sometimes eat at the Bendix Diner. Since Brendan - like Nixon! - is not from New Jersey, he naively wondered why Nixon would spend his last larcenous years in suburban NJ.

Why indeed:

New Jersey and Nixon: perfect together!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jeanne said...

I didn't realize pork roll was a Jersey thing...I don't like egg on mine though...yum...pork roll...

Poor Richard Nixon - I was always glad he spent his last days here.

7/03/2009 08:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home